Remember the Galaxy S III that exploded not so long ago? After the accident in Ireland, Samsung started an investigation to see what caused it and it's back with the results.
The company even contracted Fire Investigations UK (FIUK) to help them get to the bottom of it and they've concluded that it's a external heat source, presumably a domestic microwave oven.
Here's what the report states:
The only way it was possible to produce damage similar to the damage recorded within the owner's damaged device was to place the devices or component parts within a domestic microwave
After the statement, the owner of the overheated Galaxy S III has since brought more light as to how it all happened and has even retracted his accusations towards Samsung. According to him, the phone was exposed to water and "another person" had been trying to mend it.